Advanced NDT Engineer (OCE004)
Salary: Upon application. Daily allowances for on- and off-shore work. Generous benefits.
Sector: Oil & Gas
If you answered yes to all of these, then please read on.
My client is an industry leading global provider of advanced NDT services to the oil and gas sector. They seek someone to become a member of their Specialist Inspection Services team (SIS) based in Aberdeen.
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
• Assist Technical Leads and SIS Management in day to day activities.
• Assist with client enquiries and organisation and execution of jobs (following work instructions.)
• Prepare equipment, maintenance and QHSE documentation.
• Travel alone or as part of a team; be self-reliant and organised in pre-job preparation, execution and post-job activities, including reporting and job file completion.
Other activities as assigned.
• Recognised UT certification to Level 2.
• Advanced certifications: PAUT L2 & ToFD L2.
• Ability to read, analyse and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
• Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
• Knowledge and use of Microsoft Word, Excel and AutoCAD
• A full UK driving license.
• HND or Honours Degree in an associated engineering discipline.
• Gain sufficient qualifications and experience to satisfy the accreditation requirements for the UK Engineering Council.
• Three years’ experience and training with an inspection organisation, including Oil, Gas and Power Generation environments.
• Knowledge of PeopleSoft and manufacturer specific software for advanced technologies.
This is an entry level role into the SIS dept., which has a sliding salary scale. There are opportunities for career progression within the first 12 months, with associated salary increases.
Oceaneering expect mostly offshore and overseas work. Therefore, fully qualified, experienced, and competent SIS Engineers in all their Advanced UT techniques would command a generous remuneration. Please contact us for further details.
This would be a staff position with associated benefits.
• Life Cover
• Group Income Protection
• Private medical cover for individual
• Pension plan
• Annual leave - 32 days (28 + 4 public holidays)
Provide guidance to trainee SIS Engineers in accordance with the organisation’s policies and applicable laws.
NDT Resources Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency (introducing candidates for employment by the hirer) as defined under the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 (UK) in respect of this vacancy.