Aerospace Ultrasonic NDT Technician (NKG002)
Location: East Cowes, Isle of Wight
Up to £35k + 25% salary uplift for double-day shift
Sector: AerospaceJump to application form
Role & Responsibilities
- Carry out ultrasonic testing of aerospace composite parts.
My client is a large Tier 1 aerospace manufacturer with a facility based on the beautiful Isle of Wight.
They currently have a vacancy within their Non-Destructive Testing facility and invite applications from qualified NDT ultrasonic inspectors. Experience in the aerospace industry, especially composites, is a must.
You will be required to work within a small but cohesive team and as such you must be a good communicator with the ability to work with and convey information to all levels throughout the business.
It is important that you have the confidence to work on your own but equally that you can seek advice or a second opinion where necessary. With a keen ability to focus and not be easily distracted, it is important that you have the strength to stand by the decisions that you make which on occasion may mean adopting a diplomatic but assertive approach whilst achieving tight deadlines.
- Hold a Level 2 certificate in ultrasonic inspection issued under the PCN, ASNT, NAS 410 or EN 4179 schemes;
- Experience in aerospace composite UT;
- City & Guilds and/or ONC/HNC Qualifications required.
- RT certification.
- Ability to make decisions is key;
- Use of PC Applications - primarily Microsoft suite of tools;
- Be able to support corrective and preventative actions;
- Understanding of Continuous Improvement techniques;
- Good communicator - both written and oral;
- Resourceful and flexible;
- Self-motivated and committed;
- Customer focused with a passion to provide exceptionally high levels of service.
The successful NDT Technician must be willing to work a shift pattern if required.
Due to security considerations, applicants will only be considered who have the right to work and live in the UK.
NDT Resources Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency (introducing candidates for employment by the hirer) as defined under the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 (UK) in respect of the job title detailed above.