Eddy Current L2 NDT Technician (BRB001)
Location: Liverpool, Merseyside
£35,000 to £45,000 (dependant upon experience). Generous additional allowances available.
Sector: Oil & Gas
Calling all ET L2 NDT technicians who have experience working in the Marine, offshore Oil & Gas and Energy sectors (experience preferable, but not essential).
- Want to become an integral part of a long established and leading multi-disciplinary, technical and scientific consultancy serving the marine and energy sectors?
- This company is looking to expand its NDT department and you could be in at the beginning of this expansion. They value their experts and are willing to provide ongoing professional development to ensure you become a leader in advanced NDT.
- This is a permanent staff position. You must be able to operate out of a Liverpool site and be willing to deploy globally when required.
Generous allowances are available in addition to salary.
Work hours - 37.5 per week
Objective of Role:
- The candidate will become an integral part of this company’s growth in the field of advanced non-destructive testing. Become highly skilled in a number of advanced NDT/NDE methods.
- Issue interim reports, detailing descriptions of examination and anomalies, stating suitability for service in accordance with regulations such as Class Rule, API and PED.
- Maintain a contemporaneous record of daily activities.
- Ensure that the Safety Policies and Procedures are adhered to insofar as is reasonably practicable.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Execute welding inspection plant inspection, eddy current inspection and surface inspection methods on items of static equipment, structures and associated piping/tubing.
- Plan and carry out inspection of fixed equipment and structural steel in a variety of environments.
- Be able to deploy globally at short notice in-case of an immediate reactive solution requirement.
- Assist in equipment functionality checks, calibrations and competency tests.Inform the managing inspection engineer, without delay, when any inspected equipment or NDE results indicate an item is not fit for service.
- Perform any assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the company’s integrated management systems.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience related to specific job description.
- Broad knowledge of condition monitoring and diagnostic engineering techniques.
- PCN Level 2 (or equivalent) – Eddy Current in either of the following: forgings/welds/tubes
- Good understanding of HSSE management systems and Risk Assessment methodology.
- Well versed in internationally accepted codes, standards and practices.
- Good understanding of degradation mechanisms affecting fixed equipment and infrastructure in Marine, Offshore Oil & Gas and Energy industries.
- IRIS experience or ECT/RFT would be beneficial but not essential
Feel free to contact me for an informal chat:
+44 (0)1793 200169
NDT Resources Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency (introducing candidates for employment by the hirer) as defined under the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 (UK) in respect of the job title detailed above.