- Do you hold an aerospace Level 2 NDT certification in radiography (RT)?
- Are you eligible to live and work in the UK?
Calling all aerospace NDT radiographers...
- Do you want to work for an aerospace company that is undergoing growth, enabling it to invest extensively in modernisation, including its X-ray facility? They even have plans to develop a digital radiography capability (CR) in the near future.
- My client has a global reputation as a leading aerospace manufacturing company. They are currently looking to employ a Level 2 radiographer at their Farnborough site (Hampshire).
- This is a permanent staff position and you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
39 hours per week day shift; 0700 - 1600, Mon - Thu; 0700 - 1200 Fri.
Holiday pay (calculated in hours) equates to 25 days plus Bank Holidays (33 days).
Objective of role:
- Carry out RT of welds (currently using wet film) in a variety of metallic components; namely pipework (majority of components), ducts and flat plate.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Radiograph parts in accordance with customer requirements.
- Support other NDT requirements and demands when necessary.
- Ensure equipment and tooling is calibrated before use.
- Work in accordance with the 'Work To List'.
- To achieve 'start date' and "finish date" adherence against the relevant operation.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and the elimination of non-value added activities, whilst maintaining the necessary quality standards.
- Liaise daily with the Team Leader and, where necessary, production teams.
- Responsible for personal Health and Safety.
- Responsible for 5S.
- Support Sigma Components with any audits associated with the process.
- It will be your responsibility to ensure that the highest quality standards are maintained and that you are always endeavouring to produce world class products.
- Where appropriate you will liaise with the customer on any technical issue.
- Qualified aerospace Level 2 RT Technician
- Strong attention to detail
- Understanding of health & safety issues
- Knowledge of Lean Principles (training will be provided)
- Ensure activities meet and integrate with organisational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care.
- Self-development and attendance at training programmes to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
- Understand and assist in enforcing The Company Standards, why they exist and how work procedures and practices support best practice.
- Observe and comply fully in respect of the fair collection and use of information.
- Meet the Company's legal obligations to specify the purpose for which information is used.
- Collect and process appropriate information only to the extent that it is needed to fulfil operational needs.
- Ensure the quality of information used.
- Ensure that the information is held for no longer than is necessary.
- Ensure that the rights of people about whom information is held can be fully exercised under the relevant Act.
- Take appropriate security measures to safeguard personal information.
If you want to know more, feel free to contact me for an informal chat:
+44 (0)1793 200169
NDT Resources Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency (introducing candidates for employment by the hirer) as defined under the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 (UK) in respect of the job title detailed above.