NDT Level ll UT Inspector (must be eligible to work in USA) (HRP02)
Location: Tunica, Tunica County
$75,000 DOE and certs
Sector: FabricationJump to application form
Summary of Role
My client (a Fortune 50 company) specialises in the manufacture of a complete range of seamless stainless steel pipes, nickle-based and alloy pipes, metallurgically bonded, seamless clad pipes - known as SX-Clad - and extruded shapes/profiles for aerospace applications. Clients range from oil and gas companies, power and nuclear power plants, water treatment centres, chemical, petrochemical and aerospace companies.
Primary responsibility is to perform ultrasonic inspections of pipe and clad pipe off the extrusion press, including:
- calibrating equipment;
- performing inspections per scan plans and specs;
- reporting and interpreting results against acceptance criteria;
- and documenting personnel qualification data and test results.
Level II certification in UT (essential)
Level II certification in ET and/or PT (desirable)
Must have 1200 documented hours in NDT; 630 hours in UT. ASQ CQI a plus.
Candidates will have to take the NDT qualification exams (general, specific, and practical exams) for certification to Level II administered by an ASNT certified Level III, in addition to a near vision acuity and colour differentiation physical examination.
- Performing UT/PT/ET on products and interpreting results.
- Performing and certifying visual inspection of product.
- Performing dimensional inspection of products as needed.
- Maintaining department documentation such as UT/PT/ET reports, Calibration reports, Visual Inspection reports, Dimensional Inspection reports, NCRs (Non-conformance Reports), personnel qualification records, production reports and departmental metrics.
- Notifying Supervisor or others as instructed of any defects or other anomalies.
- Participating in any root causes analyses of defects, process improvement initiatives or other tasks teams in support of company objectives.
- Inspect materials or parts in accordance with the procedures and instructions set forth in order to ensure that the products or services meet the requirements of Company and Customer Specifications.
- Interpret drawings provided for customer specifications.
- Follow all company policies, rules and procedures.
- Follow the directions of the supervisors, foreman and lead man regarding the position duties and priorities.
- Provide a detailed quality inspection of product using tools such as scales, micrometers, calipers and gauges.
- Keep work area in an organized and safe condition in compliance with 5S standards.
- Participate in the completion of daily Preventative Maintenance Program.
- Knowledge of and strict adherence to the lock out tag out program.
- Safely operate equipment and machine tools
- Know and comply with all safety rules, regulations and policies.
- Attend all company required safety meetings/training.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or GED.
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
Six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to work flexible hours as required, including weekends and holidays
Computer skills, including Microsoft office
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
NDT Resources Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency (introducing candidates for employment by the hirer) as defined under the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 (UK) in respect of the job title detailed above. In this instance, NDT Resources is operating with a recruitment partner in the USA, through the good offices of NPAworldwide.The final arbiter of which candidates are forwarded to the hirer for consideration, rests with our US partner. Candidates will be made aware of partner's identity before being submitted to them. Their consent will be sought to proceed at this point.