NDT Technician - Immersion UT Level 2 (ELE002)
Location: Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Salary: Upon application.
- Are you an Ultrasonics Level 2 Technician with experience of the aerospace sector?
- Have you carried out immersion UT techniques?
If so, I want to hear from you. My client is a global provider of Testing, Inspection and Certification services for a diverse range of materials and products. Their NDT department in Rotherham specialises in aerospace forgings.
Purpose of role:
Inspect and disposition parts as acceptable or rejectable. Technician is required to ensure systems are calibrated and inspect components with Ultrasound to identify subsurface defects.
- Safely operate Immersion UT automated system and acquire data to disposition disk based forgings
- Be capable of analysing C scan data as well as A-Scan presentations
- Basic computer skills are required such as proficiency with Microsoft operating systems and Office. Candidates must have the aptitude to program fully automated systems and utilise multiple programs at the same time
- Technician is responsible for conducting daily calibration of systems as well as assisting in annual linearity's and mechanical calibrations according to customer specifications.
- Individuals need to be, or have been, certified to EN 4179 and/or NAS 410 Level 2, with evidence that experience hours have been completed
- Ideally the individual will have previously carried out IUT inspections on critical part, disc forms to RRP58001 or other recognised aerospace standards. Individuals that have carried out IUT or Contact UT on bar and billet material to RRP58002 or other recognised aerospace standards would be considered.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel)
- Availability, flexibility, and maturity to represent the company at a broad range of events/projects in the community, with customers and within the company
- Ability to remain calm when faced with mounting pressure related to deadlines and multiple priorities
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills to meet a variety of communication needs
- Good interpersonal skills that foster open upward and downward communication built on mutual respect
- Ability to adapt to the occasional schedule change to meet customers’ deadlines
37.5 hours per week (days)
Feel free to contact me for an informal chat:
+44 (0)1793 200169
NDT Resources Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency (introducing candidates for employment by the hirer) as defined under the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 (UK) in respect of the job title detailed above.