Responsible NDT Level III (must be eligible to work in USA) (HRP01)
Location: Tunica Resorts, Tunica County
Up to $120,000
Sector: Oil & GasJump to application form
Are you ready for a high profile NDT management role in a Fortune 50 company?
Are you capable of taking full responsibility for managing this manufacturer's complete NDT function, including NDT personnel activities and certification?
Summary of Role
Undertake the role of Responsible Level III for a company that specialises in the manufacture of a complete range of seamless stainless steel pipes, nickle-based and alloy pipes, metallurgically bonded, seamless clad pipes - known as SX-Clad - and extruded shapes/profiles for aerospace applications. Clients range from oil and gas companies, power and nuclear power plants, water treatment centres, chemical, petrochemical and aerospace companies.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
BS degree in Nondestructive Testing, Engineering, or equivalent. Or four years' experience in at least two applicable Nondestructive Testing methods plus four years' experience as Nondestructive Testing Level III.
ASNT Level III certification.Certified Nondestructive Testing Level III examination.
PAUT and PT experience (3 to 5 year minimum).Progressive experience including project responsibility requiring the direction of the efforts of several inspectors.
Demonstrated capability to work with customers and or other internal organisation(s) developing part/process/activities in a concurrent team approach environment while holding responsibility for the outcome of the project.You will have contributed significantly to new or improved nondestructive testing methods and techniques. Has demonstrated ability to lead projects involving direction of other inspectors and technicians.
You must show capability to maintain, or create, and supervise a group of inspectors and technicians that are able to perform in a team environment while personal accountability and individual growth is encouraged.
You will have to take the nondestructive testing qualification exams (general, specific, and practical exams) for certification to Level II, administered by an ASNT certified Level III in addition to a near vision acuity and colour differentiation physical examination. Certification: SNT-TC-1A Level II Certification in Ultrasonic Inspection.
Must have 1200 document hours in nondestructive testing, 630 hours in UT. ASQ CQI a plusResponsibilities and Duties
Reporting to the Quality Manager, you would fulfil the following functions:
- Manage all inspection departments.
- Work closely with customers, sales, planning and manufacturing to provide coordination on new product introduction and qualification and to support specific existing products.
- Plan, supervise, coordinate and monitors the work of a staff of inspectors; work with supervisors to estimate manpower needs and to schedule and assign work to meet required dates of completion.
- Provide performance appraisals, salary administration, and project budgets.
- Implement industry nondestructive testing accreditation requirements (NAS, ASNT, …) and the overall administration of the qualification and certification requirements for nondestructive testing personnel. This requires thorough knowledge of the written instructions, codes, specifications, and standards imposed by our customers, and of the materials, components, product technologies, methods and techniques used by company. This to include but not limited to, development of the procedure by which training, qualification and certification is in accordance with, Training outlines, process for determining prior training and experience hours.
- Manage internal and external audits of all nondestructive testing-related areas, evaluations and compliance of all nondestructive testing processes of the plants.
- Develop, recommend, and conduct inspection training programs, methods, and sampling techniques that will assure economical and effective product appraisal to customer and industry specification requirements.
- Ensure the nondestructive testing facility and inspectors are properly performing all nondestructive testing methods to all applicable customer, government, and industry specifications.
- Provide research, guidance, and facilitation between Engineering, Quality, Sales, and Manufacturing of the analysis and response to nondestructive testing inspection related customer complaints and returned product determining where the emphasis should be placed to prevent recurrence.
- Serve as the primary liaison with customers on items of inspection and visit customers and suppliers where necessary on specific inspection matters.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate the nondestructive testing department to fully support planning, scheduling, auditing, evaluation, and manufacturing requirements.
- Be the final in-plant authority for, and shall arbitrate disputes concerning, the interpretation of nondestructive testing related specification requirements and/or the acceptability of nondestructive test results.
- Identify, research, and develop new nondestructive testing processes and procedures that promote improved inspection effectiveness and cost effectiveness.
- Accept (approve) documentation substantiating equivalent training and equivalent experience.
- Approval of nondestructive testing method procedures.
- Lead root cause and corrective action process when it is determined that an inspector missed an indication found by customer or other internal or external party.
- Obtain appropriate level qualification in PAUT, UT and PT, including from customers and/or accrediting bodies as required.
- Application of manufacturing tools, such as Six Sigma, 6S, Theory of Constraints, Lean Manufacturing, etc.
- Expert in the use of MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other pertinent software.
- Aptitude to positively change directions and modify scope of project as needed by balancing business requirements.
- Ability to evaluate processes, define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and create streamlined improvement plans.
- Plan, develop, coordinate and direct non-related quality/engineering projects or programs inside and outside the company.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
NDT Resources Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency (introducing candidates for employment by the hirer) as defined under the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 (UK) in respect of the job title detailed above. In this instance, NDT Resources is operating with a recruitment partner in the USA, through the good offices of NPAworldwide.
Important note: The final arbiter of which candidates are forwarded to the hirer for consideration, rests with our US partner. Candidates will be made aware of partner's identity before being submitted to them. Their consent will be sought to proceed at this point.