£30 per hour
Full-time / Temporary
- Want to become an integral part of a team that is a global leader in spray dryer and vessel crack test inspections? If you didn't know, spray drying vessels are large stainless-steel containers which produce a dry powder from a liquid or slurry by rapidly drying with a hot gas. Food products, chemicals, and pharmaceuticals can be treated this way.
- Are you a self-reliant person, able to work within Europe, who relishes technical challenges and customer-facing responsibilities?
- The company is looking to expand its European operations and you could be in at the beginning of this expansion. This role has the potential for advancement within the company.
My client operates globally and is the leader in spray dryer and vessel crack test inspections.
They are based in Somerset, UK, but are looking to expand their business in France.
Using their unique electro-magnetic induction testing technology, they provide the most efficient and environmentally friendly service currently available in the industry.
Overall Objective of Role:
- The candidate will become an integral part of my client's growth in the field of spray dryer and other vessel inspections.
- Become highly skilled in detecting faults within the vessel skin and perform necessary welding repairs.
- Issue reports, detailing descriptions of examination and anomalies.
- Maintain a contemporaneous record of daily activities.
- Ensure that the Company Safety Policies and Procedures are strictly adhered to.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan and carry out inspection of fixed equipment and structural steel in a variety of environments.
- Install necessary equipment (gantries, rope access) to safely enable working at height.
- Carry out any necessary weld repairs.
- Be able to deploy globally, sometimes at short notice.
- Carry out equipment functionality checks.
- Inform the senior inspection engineer, without delay, when any inspected equipment or NDT results indicate an item is not fit for service.
- Perform any assigned tasks with due diligence regarding my client's integrated management systems.
- Good conversational French
- Broad knowledge of condition monitoring and diagnostic engineering techniques.
- Good understanding of HSSE management systems and Risk Assessment methodology.
- NDT Level 2 certification - UT, ET, MT, or PT will be considered (PCN, EN 4179, ASNT, ISO 9712)
- Rope Access (IRATA Level 1, 2 or 3 (CQP in France))
- Certification in weld inspection (may consider NDT weld cert as satisfying this)
Desirable certification & experience
- Welding (all certification bodies and levels will be considered).
- Minimum of 2 years' experience of TIG welding on stainless steel.
- Well versed in internationally accepted Codes, Standards, and practices.
- Good understanding of degradation mechanisms affecting fixed equipment and infrastructure in the food, pharmaceutical and chemical industries.
Reports to: Company Directors.
Working Arrangements:Onsite work at customer's premises.
If you would like to learn more and have an informal chat with an ex-NDT technician, then please feel free to contact me:
M: 07752 484266; T: 01793 200169; E: firstname.lastname@example.org
NDT Resources Ltd acts as an Employment Business (engaging and supplying temporary workers to provide services to clients) as defined under the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 in relation to this job.