Special Process Manager (NDT, Heat Treatment and Passivation) (GOS001)
Location: Redditch, Worcestershire
£35k - £37k per year
Are you up for the challenge of taking ownership of a new fluorescent penetrant line and steering it to Nadcap accreditation? Are you keen to develop your career and expand your skills further?
If so, you could be my client's Special Process Manager. This is a newly created role that will also encompass heat treatment and passivation processes - it will be your department to run.
This job will appeal to a self-starter who is willing and able to learn quickly and is aware of QA and H & S considerations associated with running such a department.
My client is a recognised leader as a manufacturer of aerospace springs. These springs are handmade and finished to high tolerances. Their function is to operate in many safety-critical assemblies on an aircraft, for example: brake units, undercarriages, fuel and hydraulic systems, etc.
The company is currently small (circa 50 people). However, they have achieved tremendous growth and expect this to continue into the foreseeable future. So much so, that they have plans drawn up to greatly expand their facility - it's an exciting time to join.
Main purpose of the role
- Penetrant testing (PT) of aerospace springs (fluorescent line).
- Operate the heat treatment and passivation processes associated with these springs (training will be given).
- Gain Nadcap accreditation for PT and passivation processes.
- Once accreditation is gained, manage and supervise other PT staff that would subsequently be employed (at least one other).
- Manage all associated QA and H & S aspects for department.
Position within the organisation
Report directly to the Technical Manager
- Hold EN 4179 Level 2 PT certification (other certifications in PT, L2 may be considered)
- Utilised NDT in an aerospace environment
- Experience of Nadcap audits
- Ability to manage H & S risks associated with above processes
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly motivated and articulate
- High standards of integrity
- You must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
- A salary of £35k to £37k is on offer.
- Eligible for overtime pay, as and when required
- Bonuses to be paid upon successful achievement of Nadcap accreditations (2 off).
Hours of work, holiday entitlement and benefits
- 0745 - 1300, 1330 -1700 Monday to Thursday; 0745 - 1300 Friday
- 33 days paid holiday per year
- Company pension scheme