Radiographer NDT Level II Technician (RT) (ELE001)
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Salary: Upon application. Shift allowance.
Sector: AerospaceJump to application form
- Are you an industrial radiographer that has experience using gamma isotopes and high energy x-rays?
- Do you have experience of Computed Radiography (CR)?
- Have you worked with aerospace parts?
If so, I want to hear from you. My client is a global provider of Testing, Inspection and Certification services for a diverse range of materials and products. Their x-ray department in Sheffield specialises in aerospace castings and welds.
Purpose of role:
Conduct radiographic testing in accordance with company approved procedures whilst paying close attention to safety and project timelines.
- Conduct radiography using X- and gamma rays. Will utilise high energy equipment (Betatron, up to 9 MeV) on aerospace castings. RT of welds also required.
- Current capturing media is film, but will shortly transfer to CR.
- Prepare test specimens, devise methods, setup and adjust test equipment.
- Accurately analyse and interpret test data to produce a test report in a clear and well written manner.
- Maintain related test equipment and tools in good working order
- Complete assigned tasks in a safe and efficient manner
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Level 2 RT certification; aerospace preferred (EN 4179, NAS 410, etc).
- Experience of radiographic testing of castings is essential. Aerospace castings preferred.
- Experience utilising industry specifications such as: ASTM, Rolls Royce, BAE and ISO.
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a Computed Radiography Level 2 technician.
- Must meet aerospace training and certification requirements for CR level 2 (NAS 410, EN 4179, etc).
- Approved 40-hour Radiation Safety course.
- Possess great organisational skills with the demonstrated ability to document NDT results well.
- Provide insight into technique development.
- Knowledgeable of digital image interpretation of castings.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to remain calm when faced with mounting pressure related to deadlines and multiple priorities.
- 37.5 hours per week
- Shift pattern with 19.67% uplift: Week 1 Mornings; Week 2 Afternoons; Week 3 Nights.
Feel free to contact me for an informal chat:
+44 (0)1793 200169
NDT Resources Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency (introducing candidates for employment by the hirer) as defined under the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 (UK) in respect of the job title detailed above.